BridgeValley’s Utility Line Service program is offered in cooperation with Mountwest for applicants who have a strong work ethic and good communication skills. This program combines academic instruction and hands-on experience on the technology fueling today’s utility industries.
- Safety Equipment and Practices
- Electric Distribution Fundamentals
- Emergency Response
- Electrical Equipment Installation
- Troubleshooting Electrical Circuits
- Pole Climbing
In West Virginia, Electric Power-Line Installers and Repairers have a median income of $65,500 (pay ranges from $39,600 to $78,200). Telecommunication Line Installers and Repairers have a median in come of $64,900 (pay ranges from $26,200 to $78,400).
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Successfully complete a pre-assessment to gauge physical agility and fear of heights
- Pass a drug screening
- Possess Class A CDL Learner’s Permit
- Complete a Department of Transportation Physical
- Have a valid unrestricted driver’s license for a minimum of two years and be eligible to obtain a Class A CDL license